EPIC-AT Fellowships Program at University of Toronto
The Early Professionals, Inspired Careers in AgeTech EPIC-AT Fellowships provide a minimum of $8,000 to trainees and $10,000 to Early Career Researchers. Fellowships are planned to help promising new scholars experience fully in an entire 1-year training program.
The program will concentrate on creating new skills and providing a breadth of experience in transdisciplinary working, stakeholder engagement and co-creation, the research-policy dynamic, and the innovation and implementation process. The program will provide fellows to develop, execute and consider digital technologies that help older Canadians with complex health needs age safely, alone, and with pride in the setting of their choice. The anticipated time responsibility of the training and mentorship program is about 50-60 hours over 1 year.
The University of Toronto is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, found surrounding Queen’s Park. It was established by royal charter in 1827 as King’s College, the first institution of higher learning in Upper Canada. Initially owned by the Church of England, the university embraced its present name in 1850 upon becoming a secular institution. As a collegiate university, it includes eleven colleges each with considerable autonomy on financial and institutional affairs and significant differences in character and history. The St. George campus is the central campus of the University of Toronto tri-campus system, the other two being satellite campuses found in Scarborough and Mississauga.
In the 2021 Academic Ranking of World Universities (also known as the Shanghai Ranking), the university ranked 22nd in the world and first in Canada. The 2022 QS World University Rankings ranked the university 26th in the world, and first in Canada. In 2019, it was rated 11th among the universities around the world by SCImago Institutions Rankings. The 2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings rated the university 18th in the world, and first in Canada. In the Times’ 2020 reputational ranking, the publication ranked the university 19th in the world. In the 2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Global University Ranking, the university rated 16th in the world, and first in Canada.
- Gain in-depth, technical expertise in designing, executing, and assessing digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs.
- Access to multi-sectoral mentors and sponsors.
- Experience in value-added experienced development training, internship, and lab exchange opportunities.
- Network with a community of AgeTech researchers and professionals
- Obtain support to recognize and achieve career goals.
People Also Like:
Eligibility for the EPIC-AT Fellowships
- Domestic and international graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must experience full-time in their program at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- Early career researcher applicants must be within the first 5 years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All applicants must be employed in academic study/research aligned with the mission and vision of EPIC-AT and willing to partake fully in the training platform program.
- Applicants may not hold an AGE-WELL Annual Graduate and Postdoctoral Award together with an EPIC-AT Fellowships.
How to Apply for the EPIC-AT Fellowships
- The application is composed of an online application form and funding documents detailed below. Late or incomplete applications will not be checked. Kindly note that this has letters of reference.
- Applicants are extremely suggested to complete the EPIC-AT Fellowship Application (in either English or French) using the preferred word processing software.
- Once you are ready to present your application online, if you have not already done so, you must register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal (the form will ask for your name and email). After you present the registration form, the system will create an account and send your credentials to the email address you provided. Once you log in, you will have to reset your temporary password.
- The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page you will reach after resetting your password. Kindly select “EPIC-AT Fellowships Award 2022.” Copy your application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by the deadline.
- Letters of support must be sent straight to email@example.com.
The application deadline for this scholarship is June 13, 2022.
Official Scholarship Website
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct.