EUR Excellence Scholarship at Erasmus University Rotterdam
The EUR Excellence Scholarship is a scholarship that facilitates the higher institute tuition fee for a second master’s degree to a tuition fee equivalent to the EEA/EU student’s statutory tuition fee. This scholarship is for exceptional EUR students who wish to pursue a second masters at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Kindly note: this scholarship is only for present or former students of the Erasmus University Rotterdam who meet the nationality measures for EEA / EU students.
Erasmus University Rotterdam is a public research university located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The university is named after Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus, a 15th-century humanist and theologian.
Erasmus MC is the largest and one of the leading academic medical centers and trauma centers in the Netherlands, whereas its economics and business school, Erasmus School of Economics, and Rotterdam School of Management are well known in Europe and beyond.
Presently, Erasmus University Rotterdam has been ranked in the top 100 universities in the world by four major international hierarchy tables. In 2017, the university was organized by Times Higher Education as 69th in the world with its business & economics as 17th, and clinical health as 42nd in the world, and was ranked among the top ten business schools in Europe by the Financial Times. In 2015, Erasmus University Rotterdam was organized by Times Higher Education as 20th in Europe and 72nd in the world, with its social sciences as 40th, and clinical health as 35th in the world.
Erasmus University Rotterdam was founded on 8 November 1913 as the Netherlands School of Commerce (Nederlandsche Handels-Hoogeschool, or NHH) through the private industry with broad support from the business community of Rotterdam. In 1937, the school was identified as a higher educational institute with university status, delivering education in trade and economics as an academic discipline.
This resulted in a change of its name: the NHH became the NEH, or Netherlands School of Economics (Nederlandse Economische Hogeschool). The growing sophistication of society led in the 1960s to the arrival of the faculties of Law and Social Sciences, followed in later decades by Philosophy, History, Arts, and Business Administration.
Erasmus MC is the new name for the university medical center in Rotterdam, which is a union of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences and the University Hospital Rotterdam (Dijkzigt, Sophia, Daniel den Hoed clinic). The biomedical cluster plays a foremost role in the field of analysis of the role particular genes playing role in diseases. The Forensic Molecular Biology department works together with the Netherlands Forensic Institute (NFI).
Major long-term genetic epidemiological studies among the elderly and children are Erasmus Rotterdam Health for the Elderly (ERGO) and Generation R respectively. The Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management (ESHPM) forms a bridge between medicine and the health sciences on the one hand and social sciences on the other. The Institute for Medical Technology Assessment (iMTA) conducts health economic research in cooperation with both the Erasmus MC and the Erasmus School of Health Policy and Management.
The recipients of the EUR Excellence Scholarship 2022 provide tuition fees equivalent to the EEA/EU student’s statutory tuition fee rather than the higher institute tuition fee.
People Also Like:
Eligibility for the EUR Excellence Scholarship
- The candidates applying for EUR Excellence Scholarship 2022 should be nationals of the EU or EEA.
- The applicants should have a minimum grade of 8.0 in their master’s or bachelor’s degree at EUR in the last five years.
- The candidates for the EUR Excellence Scholarship should be recorded for research or full-time masters at the University.
How to Apply for the EUR Excellence Scholarship
Send your request before the deadline, before the academic year in which you start your second master’s to the coordinator EUR Excellence Scholarship (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your application contains the following:
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 A4);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof of admission to the master’s programme of your choice or a provisional certificate (via the Education Office of the master’s programme);
- Copies of certificates and transcript of records of higher education that show that you have graduated with an average grade of at least 8,0 for a EUR degree program. If you have not obtained your certificate yet then you need to send a letter from the exam committee which shows that it is desired that you will graduate with an average grade of at least 8,0;
- All applications will be checked and considered by a committee on motivation and grades.
- In June, you’ll be notified of the outcome of your application. Postpone completing and paying the digital authorization of tuition until the outcome.
- Awarded: You’ll obtain a message that the Scholarship is
- granted. After that, print the authorization (in which the tuition fee is lowered) and pay the less tuition to complete your registration. You have to start the master’s in the calendar year of granting the scholarship.
- Rejection: If the scholarship isn’t granted, you can choose to cancel your registration. If you still want to follow the master’s, you can complete your registration by paying the high institutional tuition fee.
The application deadline for this scholarship is May 31, 2022.
Official Scholarship Website
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct.