Serbia Scholarship for International Students 2022/2023
Government of the Republic of Serbia is offering scholarships apply for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programmes to the citizens of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) member countries, including South Africa, to study at the identified higher education institutions for the 2022/2023 academic year
NB: All levels of study will be taught in Serbian.
Fields of Study
Various fields of study – Please refer to the List of participating Universities in Serbia document for available courses.
What Type of Award is this?
Internship Fellowship Entrepreneurship
Who can apply?
– Citizen of a of a NAM member/observer state;
– Must be nominated by the South African Government through the Department of Higher Education and Training;
– Must be under the age of:
21 for first degree studies – Bachelor academic studies and Bachelor vocational studies;
25 for specialist vocational studies of first degree and for the second degree studies: Master’s degree academic studies, Master’s degree vocational studies, specialist academic studies;
35 for third degree studies – Doctoral academic studies.
– Applicants must hold:
academic/vocational studies completed over four years for Bachelor’s programme;
academic studies totalling:
60 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits – with a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 240 ECTS credits to enrol in a Master’s programme;
120 ECTS credits – with a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 180 ECTS credits to enrol in a Master’s programme.
appropriate diploma of higher education institution acquired in master academic/integrated academic studies with the scope of no less than 300 ECTS credits to enrol for a Doctoral programme.
a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 180 ECTS credits to enrol in a Specialist/Master’s vocational programme;
– Must be in good command of English or Serbian language;
– All applicants must be in good health, and produce a medical certificate not older than 6 months, confirming that they have not contracted an infectious/contagious disease and a Negative HIV test.
People Also Search:
Which Countries are Eligible?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Award?
The World in Serbia scholarship covers the following:
- Free Serbian language preparatory course (Serbian on-line course and Serbian language intensive course upon arrival in the Republic of Serbia);
- Tuition at basic academic or vocational studies, specialist vocational studies, master academic studies or doctoral studies;
- Monthly stipend to the value of 15.000,00 Serbian dinars (approximately R 2165.01);
- Student accommodation and food expenses;
- Compulsory health insurance (up to age of 26);
- Residence Visa; and
- Free verification of secondary and higher education.
The Department will provide support to successful awardees with travel costs to and from Serbia, as well as a settlement allowance.
How to Apply for Serbia Scholarship?
Applicants must complete the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development Application form, attach the required supporting documents, and submit to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A complete application form with two selected study programmes
- A CV with a motivational letter;
- Certified copy of passport;
- Certified copies of all post-school qualification certificate;
- Certified copies of all post-school academic transcripts;
- English or Serbian Language proficiency certificate;
- Medical certificate not older than 6 months confirming that you do not suffer from an infectious/contagious disease; and
- A negative HIV test
All documents submitted must be clear and in PDF format (no photographs of documents will be accepted).
The application deadline for this scholarship is 13th October 2022.
Official Scholarship Website
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct.