Sydney Scholars Awards 2023 Australian
Sydney Scholars Awards 2022-2023 is a partially funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate studies at University of Sydney, Australia. The Sydney Scholars Award is valued at $6,000 and is tenable for one year of an undergraduate degree.
The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
The Sydney Scholars Award is valued at $6,000 and is tenable for one year of an undergraduate degree.
The Scholarship will be paid in two equal instalments after the census date of each semester.
Commencement of the Scholarship can be deferred for up to two years. Deferral of the Scholarship is not permitted without the prior permission of the Scholarships Office.
The Scholarship is transferrable to another undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. Approval for the scholarship transfer must be sought from the Scholarships Office.
People Also Like:
Eligibility Criteria for Sydney Scholars Awards
To qualify for Sydney Scholars Awards, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Be a domestic student (this includes New Zealand citizens), or an international student who has recently completed an International Baccalaureate (or educational award equivalent to the HSC)
- Be applying for admission through UAC
- Have achieved an ATAR of 95 or above (if you are applying to the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or the Sydney Dental School you must receive an ATAR of 90 or above)
- Apply in the year that you complete your secondary education (if you are offered a Sydney Scholars Award, you may defer it for up to two years).
How to Apply for Sydney Scholars Awards ?
Please follow the following application instructions to Sydney Scholars Awards:
(1) Research: The Sydney Scholars Awards offers opportunities for Year 12 students or equivalent, who are commencing their studies in 2023 to apply for scholarships valued at $6,000 p.a. (for Domestic^ as well as International students completing high schools in Australia) and tenable for one year. The scholarships will be offered to students who achieve an ATAR of 95 to 99.85 (inclusive) or equivalent in conjunction with a personal statement. You need to have the University of Sydney listed as one of your preferences throughout the application period, i.e. from April 2023 to January 2024. Please note that if you do not include one of our courses in your preferences, we are unable to access your ATAR, and will not be able to offer you a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants enrolled in any University of Sydney undergraduate degree.
^ Domestic students – an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen or the holder of a permanent visa.
(2) Get advice: It is important that you speak to your parents and school about your application and seek their advice. Let them know your scholarships choices and check if you have met the criteria. Seeking advice from your teachers and parents will also be beneficial in developing your personal statement. You have a team of people around you that know you well, so make the most of them.
(3) Get involved: At The University of Sydney, we look for all-round students who demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in school, community and extracurricular activities. Keep track of your involvement and tell us what you have been up to as all activities are relevant. To complement the Sydney Scholars Awards you may also be considered for a range of faculty specific scholarships, many of which will also consider your leadership skills and extracurricular involvements. For more information please visit here.
(4) Additional considerations: If you would like to be considered on hardship grounds, or are applying for one of our equity scholarships, make sure you go online and do some research. To be considered, you need to submit a Sydney Scholars Award application to the University of Sydney, and submit an Equity Scholarship application through UAC.
(5) Personal Statement: It is important to provide a Personal Statement to support your application. Your Personal Statement is your introduction to the University, our opportunity to get to know you and an indication of your goals and achievements. It is a good idea to have your personal statement saved as a separate document that you can then copy and paste into the web form. There are six questions for the Personal Statement, please note each answer has a 1000 character limit.
(6) Submit: Once you are ready, you can go ahead and submit your application. If you wish to revise your application, don’t worry, you can! Just resubmit a revised application to us. No changes or applications can be submitted after the closing date. We will use your most recent application as your final submission. You will be sent a confirmation email once you have successfully submitted your application.
The application deadline for this scholarship September 30, 2022
Official Scholarship Website
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct.