UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023 in Switzerland
Multiple educational programs are available at the university to pursue Masters degree with a scholarship. Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. University is offering 10 awards every year.
The University of Lausanne was established in 1537 is the second oldest institute in the Switzerland. More than 25,000 national and international students are currently studying here. The university is ranked at 11th in the Europe and 41th in the world.
UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023 in Switzerland is partially funded scholarship which will provide CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters for the duration of 1.5 years or 2 years depending on the study program. Candidates are made aware that the sum of the scholarship award is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
List of Masters Degree Programs:
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL in which students can apply are given below:
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programs
These Programs are not included in the scholarships:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (PhD programs)
Please note: for the Master of Law, only two specialisms, “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
People Also Search:
Applicants have to submit the following document while applying for the award:
- Application form completed and duly signed
- Passport-sized photograph inserted in the application form (in JPEG format)
- Copy of your secondary school diploma. A certified/notarized translation of any diplomas not written in French, German, English or Italian is required.
- Bachelors Degree Certificate
- Copy of the program description of the last semester of your bachelor degree, if the degree has not yet been obtained
- Updates CV (How to Write a Perfect CV)
- Cover letter
- Two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers, in sealed envelopes.
- Copy of the language proficiency certificate in which the master is taught (TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). B2 is the minimum level required to follow the course.
- Copy of your passport or identity card
- Proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee (application processing fee)
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters program at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not been registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
The application deadline for this scholarship 1st November 2022.
Official Scholarship Website
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct.