WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarships for Young African Women
The Working to Advance African Women (WAAW) foundation aim to increase the pipeline of African women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related disciplines, and work to ensure that this talent is engaged in African innovation. Scholarships are renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
Eligible Fields of Study:
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
- a. All fields of Engineering
- b. All computer science
- c. Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
- d. Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoologye. Agriculture, Geography, Statistics, etc.
Not Accepted Courses:
a. Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, etc
b. Social Science courses
c. Art courses.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Young women from all Africa countries
To be taken at: Applicants home country
People Also Search:
Selection Criteria and Eligibility:
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non-qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility include:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Please note that WAAW does not fund graduate (masters, MBA, or Ph.D.) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses, or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
Number of Scholarship:
Value of Scholarship:
Scholarship recipients will receive an award of $500 for the academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
Duration of Scholarship:
Scholarship is a onetime fund but is renewable annually, following proof of the student’s continued academic performance.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University is to be emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
How to Apply for WAAW Foundation STEM Scholarships
Your application will include the following:
The application form should be filled out completely.
Personal and Contact Information.
Educational background and Family Information.
A statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
Essays are vital criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay where to buy modafinil online reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development, or advancement in African economies.
3. In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
4. Describe in ten or fewer sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and career plans.
Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
The application deadline for this scholarship is 12th November, 2022.
Official Scholarship Website
Disclaimer: This is NOT the official scholarship page. This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct.